According to World Health Organization, "Medical Device means any instrument, apparatus, implement, machine, appliance, implant, a reagent for in vitro use, software, material or other similar or related article."They play an important role in prevention and diagnosis of different diseases, monitoring improvement of patients during treatment, rehabilitation of diseases etc.
To stay fit and healthy, a person should visit Doctor for checkup at a regular interval and for check-up, Health Care devices are must because without them a diagnosis of abnormal health symptoms can't be possible. From Blood Pressure, cholesterol, temperature, heart bit, body glucose, billirubin to brain state and hemoglobin and this list is countless, everybody fluid and body part need a particular device to check their normality. Treatment without medical devices is like shot in the dark.So errorless treatment need health devices at every step. Different Healthcare Devices are there to serve our purpose such as Thermometer, Stethoscope, Blood Glucose meter, Blood Coagulation meter, Pulse Oximeter, Weight Scale, Blood Pressure Monitor, Apena Monitor, ElectroCardioGram Monitor, ElectroEncephaloGram Monitor, Fetal Monitor to name a few. But due to today's hectic life schedule regular check-up and visiting doctor is next to impossible for most of the people. For them, Science and Technology have developed some Devices by which they can monitor his/her health and fitness anytime by himself/herself in his/her comfort zone. These Health Monitoring Devices are blessings to them. Different important Health Monitoring Devices are:-
- 1. Wearable Blood Pressure Monitor: It is used for measuring Blood Pressure using or without using Bluetooth. It can be connected via Wi-Fi or sometimes can be shared by two people. It is very easy to use and also come in different forms such as a machine or a watch etc. A person can also set alarm to it or can get notifications at regular intervals,based on one's Blood Pressure it can give recommended food list. So, it is a must have gadget in every home.
- 2. Sleep Measuring Tool: Smartwatches and Smartphone Apps are used to measure deep sleep, record sound during sleep, give warning on a sleep deficit, wake up persons with natural sounds, soothing music etc.
- 3. Fitness Tracker: This is a form of touch screen wrist watch which tracks steps, sleep, incoming calls, notifications etc. also alerts if anyone take phone during exercise. So it is the best tool to maintain regular fitness.
- 4. Stress Monitor: It is a tiny devicewhich gives feedback about stress levels. If one is depressed, then it gives tips to get relaxed and calm. Today stress is a normal matter, so monitoring stress is also very important.
- 5. Heart Monitor: It is a tiny device connected with mobile which records palpitations. It also records ECG and collects data and displays the result.
- 6. Brain sensing Headband: This is very helpful in meditation which tracks what is going through over the mind and alerts by giving several sounds to make one understand the brain state i.e. whether it is neutral, good or bad.
- 7. Temperature Tracker: Clinical Thermometer took a little bit time and it was a frustration to sit motionless in one place during measuring temperature. But today modern temperature tracker is able to measure body temperature with the contact of forehead skin and gives result in a blink of eye.
- 8. Blood Glucose Monitor: Like high blood pressure, high blood sugar is also a high risk to a healthy life. Today different tools are available by which one can measure blood sugar in their comfort zone very easily.
The list does not end here. So, we can understand that without these health devices, stay fit and healthy is next to impossible. We can hope that upcoming Technology will gift us more and more easy to use and beneficial health devices.